Manitoba Hydro Powersmart Solar Energy Program
The Solar Energy Program is designed to help customers reduce their consumption with Solar Photovoltaics.
Residential, commercial, and industrial incentives
Our solar PV incentive is available to all residential, commercial, and industrial customers, under the following conditions:
- Customers receive $1 per watt installed (as per the DCrating of the solar PV system);
- System size is minimum 1 kW, maximum 200 kW;
- The incentive will be limited by the annual load displacement requirement of the site;
- the incentive is paid at the end of the project, once the PV system is installed and passes inspection.
- Customers must be connected to the Manitoba Hydro grid and follow the distributed resource interconnection procedures. Systems greater than 10 kWmay be subject to a feasibility study.
- A certified Solar Manitoba electrical contractor installs the system. Once the CSA or ULc approved inverters and solar panels are installed and inspected, a bi-directional meter is installed. This meter monitors power imported from the grid and power exported from the solar panels.
Residential customers, can apply for solar photovoltaic (PV) technology through the Residential Earth Power Loan under the following conditions:
- A 4.9 per cent interest rate;
- Maximum $30,000 financing;
- Based on $3 per watt installed (as per the DCrating of the solar PV system).
- If a Manitoba Solar customer is participating in both the loan and incentive program, the incentive will be applied to the loan to reduce the financing amount. The loan is applicable to residential, non-seasonal customers only.
Need more information?